Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Niche Corner: I am Setsuna


Platform: PS4, PC, Steam, Vita
Release Date: 7/19/16
Genre: JRPG

There is a lot of hype surrounding this game which is considered to be the spiritual successor to Chrono Trigger, a classic JRPG made from this publisher SquareEnix. As I perused the official website it even said that it's battle system was inspired by the game. They aren't even trying to be coy about the similarities lol. For those of you that don't know, the community has been clamoring for a sequel to Chrono Trigger and what we got was Chrono Cross. Chrono Cross was a great game in it's own right but not quite what people were looking for.

The story of I am Setsuna follows a girl aptly named Setsuna who was gifted with enchanted powers and chosen to be a human sacrifice to pacify a fiend. A mercenary was chosen to guard Setsuna and make sure she arrives to her destination and that's where the adventure begins.


The lastest trailer was shown off at E3 which I will link for you guys. From the video clip I can say that the art is beautiful. While the games graphics are more polished than the above mention title, its safe to say where the inspiration comes from. I am super excited for this game and can't wait to play it next month. I'll definitely keep you updated on any new information I find.

Until Next Time,

DreaPoetic

Sources:

Image:
http://d2.christiantoday.com/en/full/46139/i-am-setsuna.jpg

Youtube Clip:
https://youtu.be/4txT2EicrHE

Official Game Website:
http://www.iamsetsuna.com/us/

No comments:

Post a Comment